Moda Midstream – Ingleside Energy Center Expansion
Matrix PDM Engineering provided budgetary FEED Services for the expansion of the Moda Ingleside Energy Center (MIEC) in Ingleside, Texas.
Matrix PDM Engineering provided detailed design services included process, piping, electrical, instrumentation, controls, and civil and structural engineering for this new greenfield facility.
FEED was completed in 2017. Project is in construction now, with an expected 2020 completion.
Scope of Work
- Infrastructure and facilities for the addition of over 6.7 million bbls of crude oil storage to the facility
- 14 API 650 crude oil storage tanks with side entry mixers for blending
- New pipeline tie ins with receivers, custody transfer metering systems, provers, and surge protection
- Installation of new ship loading arms to support increased 80,000 bph flow rate
- Dock and pier enhancements to support new, larger ship
- Updated dock safety unit and vapor control units to support new flow rates
- All piping and valves between tanks and manifold and pipeline interconnect
- Upgraded firewater distribution system to support new tanks and facility equipment
- Integrated facility control system with an integrated inventory management system
- Electrical infrastructure including substation transformers, MCCs, distribution panels, and grounding protection systems