Kinder Morgan – Station 342 Upgrade
With control system updates needed on two of the six turbine compressor units, Matrix PDM replaced the station supervisory level control system along with four smaller control systems based on Turbine Fuel Regulators (TFR) and Anti-Surge Controllers (ASC).
The project team provided programming for the three new ControlLogix PLC control systems to replace the existing legacy Solar Saturn turbine industrial PC-based control system. The existing HMI application was modified to work with the station's new supervisory level control system and new screens were added to work in conjunction with the TFR/ASC PLC systems.
Scope of Work
- Converted all five existing PC-based control systems to ControlLogix PLC systems
- Replaced the controllers used for ASC and TFR with PLC control systems to allow facility technicians and engineers to control the turbine compressor units more efficiently
- Modified existing HMI application to work with the station supervisory level control system
- Provided station-level supervisory control and protection of the compression units
- Control systems to easily navigate programs and monitor operation
- Onsite during the final stages of installation to be available if issues arose
- Completed upgrades within a narrow time frame allowing the station to quickly return to online status