The Mosaic Company – Emergency Ship Loading Dock Repair
Matrix PDM Engineering provided design and construction support for emergency and long-term repairs to a wharf used for loading ocean-going vessels.
The emergency repairs were comprised of soil stabilization of the soil retained by the seawall. The long-term repairs were comprised of the demolition of existing 500 linear feet of seawall, installation of 590 linear feet of a new seawall, installation of new marine fenders with pile-supported reaction blocks, and apron reconstruction, including the rehabilitation and re-installation of the loader runway rails.
Scope of Work
- Development of the wharf repair concept and documentation in a concept design report
- Design, permitting, and construction support services for the soil stabilization emergency repairs
- Development of an opinion of probable cost (OPC) for the long-term repairs
- Design of the new seawall and fender system Design of the crane rail and apron repairs
- Construction support services for long-term repairs