SEA-3 – LPG STORAGE
Matrix PDM Engineering provided detailed piping and structural engineering design services for a new facility to receive LPG via ship, store, and loadout via truck for the largest importer and distributor of liquefied propane in the Northeastern United States.
The design included the LPG tank flare and combustion air blower located near the LPG tank, a fuel system and distribution to users from the truck unloading area. All utility and support requirements, including fire system location and distribution, and air compressor package location and distribution were provided. Stormwater collection, sanitary sewers, and oily water were routed from collection to a defined battery limit.
Scope of Work
- Designed LPG liquid and vapor piping from marine unloading dock to and from storage tank and from storage tank to truck loading stations
- Equipment arrangements of area plans and sections for blower and dock, propane storage tank, truck loading,
- LPG building boiler, refrigeration and office MCC, fuel system, flare area, fire water system equipment, and air compressor package
- Vapor recovery, product heaters, and flare supplemental systems
- Prepared piping models with orthographic drawings
- Designed all pipe rack structures and foundations
- Stress analysis on LPG liquid piping