Confidential Client – Monomer Handling Systems
Matrix PDM Engineering designed the drum handling system upgrade for a facility that handles four different monomers for the production of high-performance polyimide film. Due to the sensitive nature of the material, the client needed a more accurate tracking, identification, validation, and database system for continuous operations and precise inventory.
- Accurate and reliable handling and database tracking system and inventory control
- Hand-held scanners and Wonderware HMI stations with communication to the central control room HMI
- Microsoft Access Database engine
- Visual Basic interfaces for inventory control and reporting
- Upgraded Modicon PLC
- Controlled environment and airlock interface
- Operator confirmed action enhancements - floor selection, compliance, dumping, etc.
- Custom HMI templated screens
- 55-gallon drums are processed by transferring them from storage pallets to multiple floors of the building for dumping or rejection (at top)
- Material movement and information is tracked and entered into the database at various points around the facility via barcodes that identify details of dates, lot numbers, quantities and more
- The new system allows the facility more uptime and continu ous operations with better database information and inventory reconciliation