Kinder Morgan – Port Sutton Dock & Shiploader
Matrix PDM Engineering provided preliminary and final engineering design services for new marine structures to replace a portion of the facility’s existing dock structures and support for a new pedestal mounted E-Crane ship unloader.
These dock structures include a new ship unloader center support platform, a center platform approach ramp, three breasting dolphins, a new hose handling platform, and the associated access walkways, fenders, and bollards.
Preliminary engineering tasks included preparing a dock design basis, dock general arrangement drawings, limits and functions drawing to confirm ship unloading requirements are met, and pile fabrication drawings and specifications.
Additionally, services performed included engineering review of existing structures to be re-used, a mooring analysis and preparing demolition drawings.
Final engineering tasks included preparation of a master site plan, technical specifications for the dock construction package, calculations, and design of new additions, necessary modifications and cathodic protection systems.
The Matrix PDM team worked diligently with the client to deliver solutions within a 16 week project window and completed the scope on time and under budget.
Scope of Work
- Preliminary and final engineering design
- Permitting and construction assistance
- Design for a new pedestal mounted E-crane ship unloader (E-Crane 1500 Series)
- Ship unloading capabilities for 6,500 to 36,000 dwt vessels
- New caustic soda hose handling platform for ocean-going barges
- New central support platform and approach ramp
- New walkways between the platforms and breasting dolphins
- Preparation of technical specifications for the dock construction package