BASF – Acronal Tank Farm Additions
Matrix PDM Engineering provided complete multi discipline design services for the four-phase tank addition projects. Phase one and two included four new FRP storage tanks to the existing Acronal building and also the pre-fabricated enclosure building associated with the existing five tank storage area.
Phases three and four resulted in the addition of eight dedicated product storage tanks, featuring 75,000 to 10,000-gallon capacity. The eight new tanks receive resin via dedicated charge lines from conditioning/reactor systems and are then stored until it is transferred through a three bag filter facility. Once complete the product is diverted to either rail or truck loading. PLC controls were designed to monitor and command the entire process.
Scope of Work
- Multidiscipline engineering design including mechanical, piping, electrical and controls
- Local permitting application, review and submittal
- Storage tank design and specification
- Building specification and design
- All PLC programming associated with new installations and interface with existing operations
- Transfer pump hydraulics specification and selection
- Pipe racks and platforms for new tanks independent of pre-fab buildings
- Site, civil and drainage modifications
- Foundation design and review
- Electrical installation design
- Piping design