Kinder Morgan – Nine Tank Expansion
Matrix PDM Engineering provided complete multidiscipline design services for a nine tank petroleum product expansion at the Kinder Morgan liquid terminal that consists of 80 acres with approximately 100 tanks and more than two million barrels of total storage capacity.
The new tanks were designed to hold up to 1.3 million barrels of product and stand 60 feet tall. They have a barge loading and transfer capability of 7,500 to 10,000 bph. Additionally, the expansion features a product manifold to transfer liquids from any tank to barge, from tank to tank or from tank to an existing pipeline.
Scope of Work
- Mechanical, piping, electrical and controls
- Construction support
- Project scheduling
- Piping design
- Debottlenecking for 24 petroleum product tanks
- Structural steel pipe rack design
- Foundation design and review
- New product manifold with 100 manual valves
- Pump hydraulics
- Specification and evaluation
- General arrangements