Industrial Terminals L.P. – Barge Dock and Ship Dock Conversion
Matrix PDM Engineering provided EPCM services for a $9.8 million project to convert a barge dock to a ship dock to accommodate ocean-going vessels. The facility upgrade was necessary to accommodate larger or multiple vessels and perform heavy lifts. The new dock allows more cargo mix through the terminal to extend the owner’s client base and increase annual tonnage.
Matrix PDM Engineering acted as the program manager and successfully conducted communication and technical information between the owner and various vendors for project completion without interfering with day to day operations or decreasing the owner’s revenue stream.
The project details included program management of the entire project, renovation of the existing dock to higher load criteria, extension of the dock to allow simultaneous berthing of two large vessels, dredging of the channel, construction of berthing structures and associated off-loading platforms, installation of crane rail, and on-site construction management.
Scope of Work
- Conversion of a barge dock to a ship’s dock
- Increased capacity of loading apron from 300 lb/sqft to 1,000 lb/sqft
- Engineering to renovate existing dock and extend the dock
- Construction of an additional 325 ft. of dock and loading apron
- Installation of crane rail to support twin 200-ton gantry cranes
- Procurement support services were provided, along with complete detailed project schedule and cost accounting