Confidential Client – Liquid Propane Terminal Rail Expansion – 2019
Awarded in 2016, Matrix PDM Engineering, as the EPC contractor, teamed with Matrix Service for the mechanical and structural installation to expand a liquid propane terminal in Tampa, FL. This inter-company solution gave our client a single communication path for all facets of the project from the beginning of engineering through startup. Additionally, Matrix PDM worked with several local subcontractors for the installation of the railroad, electrical, fire protection, and other specialty items, as well as held contracts throughout the project for specialty engineering tasks. Matrix PDM successfully managed the design and construction of the track for the rail unloading system, the development of the fire protection system, and specialty building permitting with local officials in a highly scrutinized environment.
Scope of Work
- Addition of propane railcar unloading system, including a two-sided railcar unloading rack to accommodate 14 cars, with more track space to store 14 additional cars
- Two intermediate storage tanks connected to two 500-gpm pumps that feed either the existing truck loading station or transfer the propane through a dehydration and refrigeration system to the existing long-term cryogenic storage tank
- Overall increase to the onsite storage of 5,700 barrels
- Increase to the facility’s throughput capacity of 110 million gallons (3.5 million barrels) more per year upon the project’s completion
- A Matrix-designed, fully integrated control system allows for seamless management of the existing and new portions of the facility