Kinder Morgan – BP & AMOCO Liquid Terminals
Matrix PDM Engineering provided piping and mechanical engineering design services for the utilization of the existing tank and pumping capabilities for the unloading of pure ethanol, and the required storage and gasoline blending in conjunction with the rail unloading of denatured ethanol, including storage and transfer via the common blended product line to BP/Amoco.
Scope of Work
- Eight-inch MTBE line used for pure ethanol to/from three tanks
- Eight-inch line was reworked for gasoline blendstock to the tan
- One eight inch line was used for denatured ethanol transfer from Tank 4F
- Two existing risers tie into the MTBE line for product fill. The product from three additional tanks transfers to the blend station utilizing eight-inch lines for rail track
- Two rail spots are used for unloading to another tank