Client Confidential – Water-Soluble Polymer Reactor System
Matrix PDM Engineering provided full EPCM services to expand the production capacity of a water-soluble polymer at the client’s Savannah facility by installing an additional reactor system and ancillary systems.
The project required reconditioning an existing reactor located at the client’s Mississippi site to meet the requirements of polymer production. This included replacement of the agitator shaft and relocation of the reconditioned reactor, reactor agitator, hydro heater system, and auxiliaries from the Mississippi site to the Savannah site.
Scope of Work
- Completion of detailed engineering design for a 5,000-gallon reactor system and ancillary systems
- Periodic design and operability reviews, and participation in process hazards analysis and pre-startup safety review
- Inspection, transfer, and modification of an existing 23,000-gallon tank
- Preparation of construction bid packages, selection of contractors, and facilitation of associated contracts
- Construction management, commissioning & start-up support, and updated recorded drawings