A HIGHER STANDARD IN CLEAN ENERGY
Matrix PDM Engineering is a company of choice for engineering, constructing, and maintaining the energy and industrial infrastructure that people rely on around the world.
Leveraging our 65 years of legacy expertise in the engineering and design of cryogenic infrastructure, our industry-leading subject matter experts have experience in multiple engineered sphere products, specialty vessels, and steel plate structures. Matrix is well-positioned and experienced to be your engineering partner in the realization of a carbonless energy source: hydrogen (H2).
We provide unrivaled expertise in cryogenic engineering and technologies, and team with construction partners to provide complete solutions for customers that seek storage and terminal solutions to support their hydrogen projects. In North America, our subsidiaries Matrix NAC and Matrix Service typically complete construction; abroad, we partner with equally revered construction companies.
Hydrogen has unique properties: It is a very light product that must be cooled to cryogenic temperatures approaching absolute zero to be stored as a liquid. Hydrogen has its challenges: it’s the smallest molecule to contain.
Our proven track record in hydrogen storage includes our most recent commissioned project where Matrix PDM provided engineering services for the first hydrogen sphere to have been built in the U.S. in the previous 20 years.
We are currently completing engineering studies for cryogenic hydrogen spheres that will be more than twice the size of any hydrogen sphere previously built.
- Conceptual design and feasibility studies
- Front End Engineering and Design (FEED)
- Detailed design
- Engineering, procurement, and construction
- General contractor
- Partner with cryogenic experienced Matrix construction subsidiaries Matrix Service and Matrix NAC domestically or with established international partners that have sphere and cryogenic experience
- Integrator of production, liquefaction, and fueling technologies
Typical Project Scopes
- Liquid hydrogen sphere design, fabrication, and erection
- Hydrogen liquefaction, storage, and distribution facility integration and installation
- Electrolyzer integration and installation
- Hydrogen production facility integration and installation
- Steam Methane Reformer construction
- Carbon capture equipment fabrication and installation
- Hydrogen-rich off-gas clean-up, compression, and distribution facility integration and installation
Consumer & Production Facilities
- Transportation and mobility applications
- Ammonia production
- Methanol production
- Power generation
- Steel, glass, and aluminum manufacturing
- Refining and petrochemicals
IN THE NEWS
MATRIX PDM ENGINEERING AND TISSOT INDUSTRIE FORM EXCLUSIVE RELATIONSHIP TO PROVIDE TOTAL EPC SOLUTIONS FOR LIQUID HYDROGEN STORAGE ACROSS EUROPE
May 09, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Matrix Service Company (Nasdaq: MTRX), a leading provider of engineering and construction services to the energy and industrial markets, announced today that its subsidiary, Matrix PDM Engineering, has signed an exclusive Memorandum of Understanding with Tissot Industrie, headquartered in Podensac, France, which allows each to offer total Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) solutions for liquid hydrogen storage across the United Kingdom, Norway, Switzerland, and the European Union. READ MORE
CHART INDUSTRIES AND MATRIX SERVICE COMPANY EXECUTE COMMERCIAL HYDROGEN MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Jan. 12, 2021 – Chart Industries, Inc. (“Chart”) (Nasdaq: GTLS), a leading diversified global manufacturer of highly engineered equipment for the industrial gas and clean energy industries today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with Matrix Service Company (NASDAQ: MTRX) for the development of standardized hydrogen solutions in North America, including hydrogen liquefaction plants, marine bunkering, fueling stations, plant expansions, storage expansion, spaceship fueling and other hydrogen related facilities. READ MORE.