The Mosaic Company – Sulfur Melter and Material Handling – Mulberry, FL
Matrix PDM Engineering developed an engineer-led EPC strategy, leveraging proprietary melting and filtering technology, sulfur handling and storage experience, and executing a modular design, fabricating, and construction strategy to shorten the schedule, reduce risk, and reduce on-site construction.
The new sulfur melter plant will heat prilled sulfur to liquid form and mix with existing molten sulfur supply. With world sulfur markets changing, this method provides a new opportunity to ensure a more reliable and low-cost supply.
Electrical and control system scope includes design to classifications, gas sensors, 15Kv rated cable, two oil-filled secondary substation low voltage transformers, two electrical buildings, switchgear, MCCs, variable frequency drives, and uninterruptible power supply. The control system utilized one stand-alone Factory Talk View SE and one distributed client connected to the existing two FTViewSE server stacks. Automated, semi-automated or manual control functions were designed for plant equipment with automated or semi-automated functions for process streams.
Scope of Work
- 6,000-ton concrete storage silo
- Automated dual lane truck unloading system
- 500 tph conveying systems
- 165 tph reclaim and melter feed system
- 1 MMTPY Sulfur Melter
- 6% Moisture
- Less than 20 ppm solids after filtration
- 17,000 acfm exit flow rate
- SO2 outlet, wet uncorrected 5 ppmv
- H2S outlet, wet uncorrected 5 ppmv
- Rockwell automation PAX control system
- Redundant I/O communications
- Rockwell factory talk SE HMI platform with redundant networks